About the role
As a Senior Data Engineer you will work in the Data team to improve and increase the company’s data flows. Your mission will be to design and develop our data ecosystem, big data pipelines, data tooling and processes. Also to set up, evolve and maintain an infrastructure so the different company departments can be independent to understand, handle and manipulate their own data and KPIs.
What you’ll do
- Implement the new Modern Data Infrastructure working closely with the DevOps team
- Include a Data Governance system, Data Infrastructure and GDPR com
- Work closely with and for Domain Analytics Engineers in order to understand and provide them the most useful tools for analytical purposes
- Develop complex and efficient pipelines to transform raw data sources into powerful, reliable components for our data lake
- Optimize and improve existing features or data processes for performance and stability
- Coach Analytics Engineers on software engineering best practices
What we offer
- We have a strong and sustainable foundation, where we provide a secure and reliable workplace. You have the freedom and trust to make the best contribution possible.
- One of our most valued strengths by our employees is our fellowship and supportive culture, which fosters a sense of belonging by working closely with our values. With us, you will have challenging projects to work on and push your skills and knowledge.
- In addition, we are very proud of the unique office we have, which offers a comfortable and inspiring environment to work in with everything you need.
- 23 vacation days + 2 days of free disposal per year.
- Professional development with English and Spanish classes, and 13 other different languages to learn with Busuu
- Flexible compensation plan for transportation, restaurants, and kindergarten with Cobee.
- Health insurance discounts with Sanitas and DKV
- Hybrid work from Barcelona or remote work from Spain or other EU countries
- Work visa and relocation to Barcelona if required
- Flexible working hours
- A personal budget for professional development
- Office workshops and meet-ups to encourage community participation and career growth
- 5+ Years experience working as a Data Engineer
- Solid SQL knowledge and expertise. You can write complex queries and optimize them for performance, scalability and ease of maintenance
- Solid experience with Python
- Solid experience orchestrating Data Pipelines with Airflow
- Experience with Terraform, Spark and Kafka
- 2+ Years experience working with AWS or any other Cloud Platform (E.g. GCP, Azure)
- Demonstrable experience defining technical roadmaps and data observability .
- Experience with software development best practices, such as version control, testing, CI/CD and automation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
Which are the next steps?
Interview with People Team
Technical take-home assessment
Live Peer review of the assessment
Meet the team