We’re looking for a Risk Credit Data Scientist in Consumer Credit. You will contribute with your knowledge and experience to dig in data analysis and provide solutions for acceptance in consumer credit operations.
About the company
Our client is a tech company who provides top shopping tools. In their growing (+40 people) risk, tech & product team, they have a pragmatic, agile, quality-oriented development methodology: short sprints with continuous delivery, pair programming, TDD with code & design reviews. They like lean & agile methodologies, XP, good practices, design principles, and patterns.
About the role
You will be responsible for proposing and implementing the best criteria and score decisions optimising acceptance rate balancing with risk goals.
Your main missions will be:
- Creating risk models to obtain indicators and trends of the company’s credit health
- Ensure quality data for credit risk analysis
- Prepare specific credit risk database in cooperation with data analyst
- Work closely with Platform & Data Engineers in order to define tools needed for extracting and exploiting the information generated
- Analyse data risk information to prepare credit scores for different universes.
- Propose acceptance criteria for merchants and consumers
- Optimise rate of acceptance by analysing information
- Organise and implement learning information systems that consider the best experience from operational analysts
- Calculate regularly expected losses for current operations
- Help to define short term risk alarms
- Help identify fraud and develop fraud alerts
- Cooperate and impulse methods for risk mitigation
- Help operational analyst proposing proper tools and criteria to optimise individual risk decisions
- Demonstrable experience (3+ years) working as Credit Risk Data Scientist in a Consumer credit institution in the EU
- A degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or an equivalent quantitative field
- Excellent command Statistical analysis, modelling, clustering and data mining techniques to identify trends and insights
- Solid proficiency in Python and experience working with analysis tools such as Pandas, SciPy, Scikit, Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib, Seaborn Jupyter/iPython notebooks, R.
- Ability to write clean, production ready code.
- Experience with GIT
- Strong experience with SQL queries
- Highly quality and detail-oriented and a keen eye for accuracy. We need to trust the outcome delivered by the team.
- Write efficient, well-tested code with a keen eye on scalability and maintainability
Nice to have
- Experience in Costumer Credit
- Fluent spoken and written Spanish.
- Experience in the following technologies:
Data discovery tools like Tableau, QlikView/Sense, Power BI or Looker
Redshift, PostgreSQL (RDS).
- It’s a plus R, Java or C/C++, and also experience with big data such as Hadoop, Spark, Pyspark.
- Cloud Platform (AWS, Google, …).
What they offer
- Flexible compensation plan (transport, restaurants, …).
- Real flexible working hours and remote when needed.
- A high degree of autonomy.
- Transparency and open culture.
- Contribute to technical and architectural decisions.
- A tangible impact on the product and on the company culture.
- Continuous learning:
Personal budget for conferences, courses, books …
10% of the time to work on any project you’re interested in.
Free Spanish or English classes.
- Free drinks and fruits.
- All the equipment you need to work comfortably. Our standard set-up consists of a stand-up desk, comfy chair, MacBook Pro, and a 27″ external display.
- 23 days of vacation per year + 2 free days.
- Beautiful office based on a bike-friendly location in the center of Barcelona with a big terrace and plenty of nice places nearby.