About the company
Our client is takes care of the audience analysis on public social media, specially using Twitter. In propose to realize the best marketing campaigns. Their challenge is to optimise the intake, enriching and storage of that growing data asset and to bring the insights computing to be as close as possible to real time.
For that they have a pipeline that ingests data from an enriching system mainly written in Node.js. This system consumes from many third party APIs and applies algorithms to infer new characteristics. This pipeline is able to keep updating a data lake of more than 100TB that is used to generate reports for our customers using Spark and Scala.
About the role
We are looking for someone who wants to lead the Data Engineering Team. We would like you to have experience applying domain driven design, hexagonal architecture and that you understand the challenge of decoupling a monolith. We are currently implementing some of these services through a staggered approach, so any experience you have implementing event architecture is more than welcome.
We are looking for someone…
- Who has some experience leading technical teams
- With experience in Scala and Spark
- Or at least Java with an interest in Scala, but not necessarily experience with Functional Programming since we write our code using an OO approach.
- Experienced with ETLs, Data Pipelines
- Being comfortable with Terraform would definitely be a plus.
Scala, Spark, Node.js (ES6 and Typescript), Python, React, MongoDB, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Redis, AWS (SNS, SQS, API Gateway, Cognito, Lambda, Redshift, Aurora, DynamoDB).
What we offer
- Monthly subvention for co-workings.
- Learning days. You can learn during working hours.
- Training budget that includes unlimited access to SafariBooks and Coursera catalogues.
- 100% remote and flexible schedule.
- Bank holidays from your local city.
- Free day your birthday.
- Quarterly engineering meetups, 3 days of retrospective sessions, hacking, team building and leisure in Córdoba.
- Yearly global all hands, 3-4 days of team building and leisure sessions for all the company.
- Laptop with the possibility of choosing between Mac or PC.
- Free 1Password Families Plan account.