About the company
Our client is Synlab Services, a pharmaceutical multinational company, who provides patients, physicians and healthcare providers with branded and efficient clinical diagnostic services of superior quality, scientific excellence, operating efficiency and healthcare value.
About the role
- As the Master Data Engineer, you will be also be working in Synlab’s Global PCR Management Platform that serves the most important football associations in providing production support activities, defining processes and delivering Data related prototypes and solutions.
- As the Master Data Governance engineer, you will be accountable for delivering best practices, solutions and processes for the Master Data Global Services (Maintenance) in your key domains. You will be responsible for Master Data Standardization, Migration/Update Activities and improving Master Data Quality.
- You will work in a young, dynamic an enthusiastic team spread across the globe, committed to deliver high standards and data best practices to all Synlab global. You will report to the Data Governance Lead based in Barcelona who is part of the Global Master Data Team that interacts with various Project Experts (e.g. Developers), Country Local Data Managers, Functional Subject Matter Experts, SAP Specialist Team (Barcelona), external data providers like Manufacturer / Supplier and consultants.
- You are a good communicator, with attention to detail who likes to define processes and can produce clear documentation.
- You are proficient and feel comfortable with managing data, defining standards and processes and communicating them to stakeholders and other teams.
- You have an analytical mind.
- You are proactive in solving issues, proposing solutions and improving process.
- You have an agile and pragmatic approach to problems.
- You have the ability to work with offshore teams and deal with global internal customers.
- You are a doer and like to organize yourself making the most of the resources you have at hand.
- You have good knowledge of Excel and SQL language and technology stack (MS SQL Server, MS Access, SQL).
- You are familiar with Visio or equivalent Process Modelling ToolYou are well versed in MS Office, specially MS PowerPoint.
- You have experience in creating Flow Chart Diagram Notations (e.g. BPMN or EPC)
- You will be familiar with basic Software Engineering concepts and best practices and ideally two modern programming languages.
- You will be familiar with BI / Big Data concepts and best practices.
What will you be doing in the team.
- Implementing data related prototypes and solutions for the Global PCR Testing System which include designing data models, PowerBI Reports, ETL processes, Conceptual Models, Application development etc.
- Implementing enhancements in collaboration with other dev teams across the globe for the Global PCR Testing System.
- Providing for 2nd Level Master Data Incident Management support; Ticket based processing in collaboration with other stakeholders.
- Helping to improve the quality of source master data files to fit the needs of the target systems (application or central MDM database).
- Support for migration and replication into target systems (e.g. UEFA Plasma or SAP). Usage of basic tools for attribute updates and extracts.
- Actively work within the MDG expert to track and ensure adherence to defined MD maintenance policies and quality standards enforcing high-quality data (accurate, complete and reliable).
- Migration/Update Activities: Support for migration and replication into target systems (e.g. UEFA Plasma or SAP). Usage of basic tools for attribute updates and extracts.
- Support the MDG Expert in developing, modifying, communicating and implementing MD maintenance policies and tools that may affect company-wide immediate operation and various projects (e.g. SAP or UEFA).
- Maintain and contribute content to the department’s MDM SharePoint Microsite (Publish official process documents, guidelines, FAQs)