Big Data engineer with solid functional Scala and distributed programming experience (2 or more years).
Hadoop Distributions, preferably Hortonworks.
Hadoop (HDFS, YARN, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Oozie, Ambari, HCatalog, Zookeeper, Mahout, Flume Kafka etc.).
Enterprise-scale distributed NoSQL solutions including Graph, Key Value, Object, Document, XML: Couchbase, HBase, MongoDB, HBase, Riak.
Experience with Enterprise Data Warehouses including: DB2 BLU and Netezza, ETL tools such as Informatica or Attunity.
Operating systems: Linux.
Self-Service Visualisation (Tableau, Spotfire).
Experience with Languages like Scala, SQL, R ,Python, Java, R-shiny (visualization tool).
Experience with Metadata Management platforms like IBM IGC
Some others requirements could be:
· Proven in-depth knowledge of the following functional and technical topics:
· Architecting Shared service Platform on MPP ( Netezza, Teradata) or on the Hadoop based platform
· In-Memory Distributed Data Grid, Distributed File Systems, cluster and parallel compute architectures.
· Traditional databases (IBM DB2, MS SQL, MySQL etc)
· Logical and Physical Data modeling, Data Dictionaries
· High availability and contingency solutions
· Knowledge of Data Quality Management and Master Data Management concepts
· Demonstrable knowledge of Continuous Integration/Test Driven Development and Code Analysis including its application within the software development lifecycle.
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
· A track record of making complex business decisions with authority, even in times of ambiguity, considering the potential long term risks and implications.
· Proponent for innovation, best practices, sound design with data & information optimization in mind, strong development habits, and efficient team/project structures.
· Capable of articulating complex designs, code and applications for large scale projects to a simple to understand non-technical client-facing standard
everis an NTT DATA Company is a multinational consulting firm that offers business and strategic solutions, development and maintenance of technological applications and outsourcing services. The company, which operates in the telecommunications, financial, industrial, utilities, energy, public administrations and health sectors, reported 1.43 billion Euro in turnover last year. It currently employs 26,000 professionals at its offices and high performance centers in 18 countries.